1)Mozilla has a new project called popcorn.js. I could imagine the OpenKinect project integrating with popcorn and internet TV to produce a truly interactive experience.
2) I'm not sure if this is the right place to "post", but I'm wondering how you can use the lib-freenect library to stream from two Kinects at once. I tried running glview.exe with a parameter (glview.exe 1 or 2 ...) but it's saying the device cannot be opened.
Any advice would be appreciated!
- This is not the place to post, please ask those questions on the mailing list. If you search multiple kinects there, you'll find a post that seems to suggest you have to do glview 0 first, then use a second instance to do glview 1.
3) I think it would be very helpful to us code noobs to have videos showing step by step process of how to get Kinect working on our computers.
Allecyte: What kind of computer? There are completely different step-by-step procedures for both, as I have learned the hard way. However, surprisingly enough, I found it to be a lot easier on the Mac, as everything could have been done using nothing but Terminal commands. But nevertheless, I did have to do a lot of hunting for the right instructions. Errors arose, and had to have been dealt with accordingly. Oh, and word of advice. If you're using a Windows virtual machine, beware, as the graphics inlet might not be able to collaborate with the Kinect display. That's why I had to switch to doing it for the Mac.
- Getting Started spells it out quite clearly, and also take a look at the FAQ. Also one can try Nicolas Burrus demo http://nicolas.burrus.name/index.php/Research/KinectRgbDemoV4 - precompiled binaries. I personally don't see the benefits of video in this context; most of it would be GUI usage and typing the commands already on the page.
4) Hey guys, how can i post my homepage on the main site? I have a virtual reality news portal und actualy i make a new category that handle every news and theme about kinect hacks. It´s german portal and you can find it here Live4D VR & S3D News Portal and here Xbox Kinect Hacks Blog
- Your site is already there, make sure the url is correct ... Gallery
5) Hi there. (If I'm not supposed to put this here: sorry, someone please move it) I recently did a paper on the Kinect basics and specifications using the libfreenect, resulting in a much desired "unofficial datasheet". Don't know if I am allowed to add it in the links section, so I'll just post here: the links for my explanatory blog post, and direct link to the paper.