Notice: Now on HTTPS. Report any rough edges to email@example.com
Action Script 3
"Action Script 3 API, Documents and Stuff"
Action Script 3 communication with libfreenect driver has to be done through a socket.
For that purpose as3-server was created in the examples folder of libfreenect (thanks to Mathieu Virbel for the code base).
Currently it supports both cameras transmission, motor control and accelerometer info.
Who is involved
Search for action script 3 in People
However (Imekinox) is trying to organize things for AS3
More Informations on as3kinect.org
How to compile
Download cmake: http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html
git clone git://git.libusb.org/libusb.git cd libusb ./autogen.sh
Apply patch for OSX:
patch -p1 < ../libfreenect/platform/osx/libusb-osx-kinect.diff
Compile and install libusb:
./configure make sudo make install
Compile libfreenect with as3 server:
cd ../libfreenect mkdir build cd build cmake -DBUILD_AS3_SERVER=ON .. make
There is not a very clear path here right now, but some things that may be needed are:
- Make the as3-server a generic freenect-server that may enable communication with other high-level languages.
- Image quality fixes (perhaps different bayer to RGB algorithm will be needed here)
- Server transfer compression (for images so we can target lower bandwidth scenarios)
- Document the API of the server
- Document the API of the flash client
- At least some multitouch info sent from the server to the client would be nice
- Skeleton sent form server to client (maybe this will be a module of freenect in the future see: Project Roadmap)
- Port 6001 is for Depth stream
- Port 6002 is for RGB stream
- Port 6003 for bidirectional data (commands, info, etc...)
API will be documented here