This page shall help to define a calibration procedure. Please add your knowledge.
Things to calibrate
- nonlinear effects for both cameras:
- radial distortion On Wikipedia
- tangential distortion (sensor chip not parallel)
- rotational errors (sensor rotated on image plane)
- Intrinsics matrix for both: Video camera & Depth Camera
- Extrinsics matrix for both: Video camera & Depth Camera
- Registration of both cameras (Registration as meant in This Article)
- Rotational tolerances
Questions to answer
- Which parameters change much between different devices?
- Which change minor (and can possibly be set constant)?
- Are routines to calculate parameters needed, or could a seperate application be used (based on OpenCV, for example)
- Calibration based on libfreenect and rgbdemo (Nicolas Burrus):
- About Xbox calibration