Action Script 3
"Action Script 3 API, Documents and Stuff"
Action Script 3 communication with libfreenect driver has to be done through a socket.
For that purpose as3-server was created in the examples folder of libfreenect.
Currently it supports both cameras transmission, motor control and accelerometer info.
There is not a very clear path here right now, but some things that may be needed are:
- Make the as3-sever a generic freenect-server that may enable communication with other high-level languages.
- Image quality fixes (perhaps different bayer to RGB algorithm will be needed here)
- Server transfer compression (for images so we can target lower bandwidth scenarios)
- Document the API of the server
- Document the API of the flash client
- At least some multitouch info sent from the server to the client would be nice
- Skeleton sent form server to client (maybe this will be a module of freenect in the future see: Project Roadmap)
- Port 6001 is for Depth stream
- Port 6002 is for RGB stream
- Port 6003 for bidirectional data (commands, info, etc...)
API will be documented here
Who is working on this:
Search for action script 3 in People
However (Imekinox) is trying to organize things for AS3